Saturday, February 25, 2012

Homemade Cabbage Soup Recipe


What could be better on a cold winter, a homemade soup? The soups come in many different flavors with hundreds of different ingredients, but as a cook simpler than trying to keep mine to about 10 ingredients or less. This recipe for cabbage soup is an old family favorite that can be enhanced with many options. It was going to the soup recipe my mother many times in my childhood. As I get older, I find myself wanting to do it more often. Always reminds me of her.

Ingridents Need:

1 small head cabbage, about 4 cups thinly sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
5-6 cups chicken broth
1 large can of plum tomatoes, diced, including juice
1 large carrot, washed, thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, washed, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper. Read More 

No comments:

Post a Comment