Friday, July 13, 2012

Delecious Chicken Lentil Stew



Lentils. This is an ingredient that I have to say I've never cooked with before. However, I know how full of nutrients that are only needed to work with them in my kitchen. To begin, lentils are a good source of protein and iron so it makes an excellent meat substitute for vegetarians and those of us cut meat consumption. In addition, lentils are a good source of dietary fiber, folate, and manganese. Cooking up and toss them into soups, salads, even put them in a pita bread with vegetables. I'm always looking for new foods to introduce to my family so I laid my eyes on lentils this week. Since I love to do a plate of food, I thought lentils would fit in as a substitute for grain. I have to admit - while I was creating this dish, I had serious doubts. It was a bit different from anything we had before and I was pretty sure the kids do not like. However, I tried it as I went along and really liked it. The real test - kids. They gave him a funny look when they reached the table, but after a couple of bites - was polished. They loved it! With its star nutritional profile and low cost, low, I would be willing to say lentils will now be a staple in my pantry. This is the dish that used to bring my family to lentils.

CHICKEN STEW LENTILS
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 cup dried lentils
1 cup fat chicken broth
1 pound skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes. Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment