Thursday, March 21, 2013

Testy Canadian Bacon Pizza Recipe



Like most Americans, I love pizza. Unfortunately, the pizza can be high in fat and salt, not a match for someone like me who is trying to lose weight. I wanted pizza for dinner, but a healthier version of it. When I looked in the fridge I found a new box of mushrooms, a whole green pepper, half a red pepper, and a carton of mixed cheese.
"These will make a great pizza!" I exclaimed.
For many American families is a fast food pizza, tasty, something everyone in the family enjoys. According to the website of Home Pizza Chef, Americans eat about 350 slices of pizza for a second. Wow! Seventeen percent of all restaurants in the U.S. are pizza restaurants. At least once a month, 93% of Americans have pizza. And this will not surprise you: Women are twice as likely to ask for vegetarian ingredients.
I already had a thin crust pizza with cheese in the freezer. It was the store brand, and although the carton said cheese, I knew I had some cheese in it. To reduce the fat content, I decided to make a pizza that was mostly vegetables, change the cheese, and top it off with fresh basil. Canadian bacon meat would, since virtually no fat and lots of flavor. I sprayed the edge of the pie with olive oil to prevent burning.
I had mixed cheese, Mozzarella, Romano and Asiago, on hand for you to use. The cheese came from Trader Joe. If your city does not have a branch of this store, you can combine the different cheeses yourself.
Thin Crust Pizza cooks very quickly, so keep your eyes on him. As soon as you start to smell the pizza is almost done. Although according to the instructions at the beginning of the hot pizza with fresh basil leaves, this is not necessary. It's a nice touch, though. My husband and I really enjoyed the pizza. It was so good that I decided to share with you the recipe. Since there are only two of us, we ate half and had half a pizza left, I chilled for lunch. Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment