Monday, April 23, 2012

Tips for Making Montreal Style Bagels Recipe



I appreciate these hand-made baked goodies was born when I was about 15 years old. My mother is from Montreal and I have spent many winter and summer of this incredible city. I think I'll call my second home in Montreal. I remember going down to St. Viateur Bagel and fresh bread rolls to eat right out of the brown paper bag.

One year, my father and I made a drive from Kansas to Canada to visit family. My father loves to Montreal bagels as much, he bought about 50 dozen. We have now had two big boxes and rolls back seat. We had blankets to cover them we were not sure to bring the number of bagels, the United States. Otherwise, we drove 1976 black red Cadillac El Dorado convertible bonds. When we were passing through customs in Canada and the United States border patrol asked us what was in boxes.

My father began to explain that they were in Montreal Bagels. Border Patrol began to go through the box and I realized we had to tell the truth. He asked. "What's the difference between Montreal and New York Bagel Bagel"? So, my father gave him the following description. Montreal bagel is smaller, hand-made, boiled in honey water and baked in wood-fired oven.

This recipe is one that has passed through my family. Even if your religion Montreal Bagel recipe is one to be held under lock and key. This is very close to the recipe.

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup of hot water

5 tablespoons of sugar

3 tablespoons canola

1 package dry yeast

1 large beaten egg

1 tablespoon malt powder or syrup

5 cups unbleached white flour

1 teaspoon Kosher salt

3/4 - 1 dl poppy sesame seeds or

6 quarts of water

1/2 cup honey.  Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment